Jobs & Opportunities
Graphic Designer & Social Media Manager
Contract Work or Employment Opportunity
Native Books and Nā Mea Hawaiʻi, two creative community based businesses. Native Books is focused on local and Hawaiian books and publications. Na Mea Hawai’i specializes in Hawaiian cultural products, locally made clothing, jewelry, and bath and body products as well as cards, books and related publications. Both businesses work closely together, and are looking to share a Honolulu-based social media marketing professional to develop and implement a dynamic and innovative social media strategy to our online presence and marketing efforts.
- Develop, implement, and manage Native Books' and Nā Mea Hawaiʻi's individual and collective social media strategies
- Creating written and visual content, working with staff, across several social media platforms primarily Instagram, Facebook, and Mailchimp
- Designing event fliers across print, web, and social media
- Creating and updating new content for websites, social media, and weekly newsletters
- Building and moderating social media platforms daily by responding to comments and keeping community members engaged
- Strategize and develop effective marketing campaigns that are measurable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong graphic design skills and sensibilities
- Experience in creating strong graphics across print and social media.
- Proficiency in Instagram, Facebook, Mailchimp, and other social media and e-mail marketing platforms.
- Previous experience with Shopify e-Commerce program is a plus.
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, or to answer any questions, please feel free to call Maile Meyer (808) 783-2786 or Dawn Mukai, (808) 596-8885. We are hoping to fill this position as soon as possible. Mahalo